Cohort call: Mental health care, Ally skills and Career Guidance Call
Date: April 1, 2020, at 19:00 European Time ( Add to your calendar)
Duration: 90 min
In this call
During this week’s cohort call, we will:
- Discuss self-care plans and learn about Ally skills
- Hear from the professionals from different career paths
- Ask them questions about their careers
- Share worries/insecurities related to your work and tips that you use to overcome them
Before the call
A few days before the event, think about how you might briefly answer the following questions (ref: https://www.bu.edu/lernet/pathways/organizers/panel.html):
- How did you choose your career ?
- What did you study to prepare ?
- What do you actually do at work on a typical day ?
- Have you ever felt discriminated against (e.g. due to gender, race, ethnicity…) and how did you respond ?
- Do you have a life outside your work ? a family ? hobbies ?
- What advice would you give someone wanting to enter your field ?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most), how much do you enjoy your current work?
- Do you want to switch your career or field? Why or why not?