Cohort call: Welcome to Open Life Science!
Date: January 29, 2020, at 14:00 European Time ( Add to your calendar)
Duration: 90 min
In this call
During our first cohort call, we will:
- Say hello and introduce ourselves.
- Review our Community Participation Guidelines.
- Review our definition of open leadership.
- Unpack the differences between “open by default” and “open by design”
- Learn about common community interactions in open projects.
- Learn about common value exchanges between community members in open science
Haven’t heard from your mentor yet? Let us know.
Before the call
- Add your vision statement to your GitHub issue.
After the call
- Look up two other projects and comment on their issues with feedback on their vision statement
- Complete this compare and contrast assignment about current and desired community interactions and value exchanges
- Complete your Open Canvas (instructions, canvas)
- Share a link to your Open Canvas in your GitHub issue
- Start your Roadmap
- Comment on your issue with your draft Roadmap
- Suggest a cohort name at the bottom of the shared notes and vote on your favorite with a +1